Saturday, December 17, 2016

What Do College Students Think About?

     

      I am not sure if I have stated this in previous blog posts, but I am a college student.  This year is my second year.  Being a full time student, I am kept pretty busy doing my course work while trying to maintain a well rounded life.  With college being the main theme today, I want to dedicate this post to all the students out there who need a relatable read, and to their family and friend who want to know what it's truly like to be a college student.

      I wish, oh, how I wish I was properly prepared for how college would be.  If high school taught me anything, it was that the officials who are supposed to prepare you for college don't know a thing about what college is like.  We are told that we need a perfect GPA, know how do to this and that, and that the work would be so much harder.  

      Lies.  All lies.

      What we needed to know was how to fill out official forms for FAFSA and student loans on our own, how to read tax forms, how to write an email to a professor, and so much more.  I am very lucky to live at home and go to an online college, but many are not so lucky.  While I am able to learn the basics of life (cooking, cleaning, how to manage money, etc..), those who live on campus are not.  I once talked to someone who didn't even know how to use a washing machine until she lived on campus.  High school students focused so hard on getting into college, that we didn't focus on how to live and take care of ourselves once we got there.

      To add onto that, we have to get so many things done in such a limited time frame, that we can hardly think about what to make for dinner.  That is, if we can think.  That's another thing.  The thought process of a student might just be one of a man whose been up for three days and is only living off of coffee and pop-tarts.  Our minds are not only dangerous, but it can be a tad bit sad if I am to be honest.  Here is a list of thoughts an average student has on a nearly daily basis:  

1. I need to wake up.  

2. It's 10 o'clock and I already need a nap.  

3. It's too early to deal with this.

4. What is there for breakfast?

5. Why do I never have anything I want to eat?

6. Oh, crap!  I have an assignment due tonight.  

7. I am going to take a bath.

8. Shoot, I still have to do dishes.

9. Man, screw pants.  I'm wearing pajamas all day.  Again.

10. It's 12.  It's literally the afternoon and I have gotten nothing done.

11. Okay.  Dishes.  Gotta do them now.

12. YES.  I AM THE QUEEN OF EVERYTHING.

13. I want to dance around.  Like really bad.

14. Actually I want a doughnut.  

15. What if I had a doughnut and danced with it, would I choke?

16. I'm sure that's better than doing this paper.

17. Have I brushed my teeth today?

18. I need to pee.

19. And I still haven't eaten anything today.

20. I'll just eat later.  I really need to do this assignment.

21. I hate school.

22. Why am I in school?  It's too expensive.

23. I'm just going to become a stripper.

24. Actually, I can't be a stripper.  My boobs are too small and I trip on my own feet.

25. Just...a...little...more....

26. OH, I HAVE COOKIES.

27. FINALLY, I finished this paper!

28. Can I sleep?  Is 6 too early to go to bed?

29. I just realized I still haven't had food today.  I'm going to eat.

30. I'm going to bed.  Screw this.

I just realized this sounds like something a vlogger on YouTube would make, and I probably would've done such a thing if I was talented enough to talk on a camera for God knows how long and still talk in coherent sentences.  

Anyway, I just want to add that, though I've been M.I.A. lately with the blog posts, I have an almost three week break from school and plan to utilize that time to write some posts.   

No comments:

Post a Comment