Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Jurassic Park Series


 
      This is not an ordinary post.
      This is not a review.
      This is not in this time period.
      This is... Jurassic Park!
      Around my house, Jurassic Park is a family favorite.  In fact, we went out and bought all three movies, sat in our living room, watched them, and then discovered we are enthralled by the prehistoric era. 
      Just recently, Jurassic World hit the theaters with a BANG!  I went to see it on Friday night with my cousin, and was blown away.  It may have been from the Indominus Rex, the Mosasaur, or even the Raptors.  Despite the occasional muscle twitch, it was a fabulous experience to have (and what's a better movie to go to after not being able to go to the movie theater for a year?)


 
 

 
      Dinosaurs, real true dinosaurs, were around 65 BILLION years ago.  These creatures were developed in a lab from a fossil containing the blood of a species of dinosaur.  From there, the lab continued on and developed their own species of dinosaurs, such as: Spinosaurus Rex, Indominus Rex, and the Mosasaur.  I haven't the slightest clue what the Mosasaur is a hybrid of, but I know the Spinosaurus Rex is a hybrid of a Spinosaurus and a Tyrannosaurus Rex, and an Indominus Rex is a hybrid of a Velociraptor and a Tyrannosaurus Rex. 
      For some of the youngest girl's comprehension reading I have her read out of the dinosaur workbook and answer the questions.  And, at times, she'll tell me random facts, like: "a Triceratops has blood flowing throw the horn things on its back." 
     
 
                                 <---- Mosasaur
 
 
 



      My cousin and I had a fangirl moment over Chris Pratt after the movie.  She liked his looks and I liked how he's like "Stop!  You will not be attacking any idiot today Blue!  This is not in my job description!"
      Jurassic World is a lot more about how someone in the Lab was working for a totally different person and made the Indominus Rex this horrifying creature (and, believe me, it was TERRIFYING.)  It kept the same idea of the Jurassic Park films, but it was its own in a way. 
      To wrap up this rant of a post: I am pleased to have a mom that makes dinosaur lunches.  I didn't get one, because I was at a doctors appointment in Richmond, but these are my three sibling's lunches. 
 
       If you enjoy these, check out her blog: Yummy Bites by Amy.  You can find her on: Blogger (http://yummybitesbyamy.blogspot.com/), Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.  She does American style Bento lunches, and, recently, is branching out to other subjects such as sewing (she has a Facebook page called Sew Chic, Geek Boutique.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment