Friday, August 28, 2015

Super Friday

      Today is, unfortunately, the last day for Geek Week, and I am quite sad at this.  I will admit that some of them frazzled me a bi
t, because I didn't know if I would be able to finish on time, but I enjoyed it so much.  Who knows?  Perhaps I'll do this again next year.
      Since today is Friday, and a lot of people love Fridays, I thought I would make today Super Friday.


      Superheroes have been around for a long, long time and have been enjoyed by kids everywhere.  They bring hope and happiness, and it is something adults and children both can enjoy.
      There are a lot of different kinds of Superheroes, like: Captain America (FUN FACT: Captain America was created during World War II to bring America hope.), Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk, Superman, Green Lantern, etc..  Recently, Marvel Studios has been creating more and more heroes like The Guardians of The Galaxy and much, much ore.
      I think kids and adults enjoy Superheroes for different reasons.  I think kids like them because they're just really cool and big and strong, but I think adults like them because it's something they watched as children themselves.
      So, today, instead telling you so much about why I think people like Superheroes, I'll tell you about some that are my favorite, and let you decide if you'd like to read the comics or watch the movies.  I'll tell you a few characteristics about why I like them, but won't give a huge back story, because it should be up to you whether you would want to read them.




       First would be Wonder Woman.  I have adored Wonder Woman since I was really little.  I even have a Wonder Woman cup! Wonder Woman is this kind of kick butt, major iconic character for me.  As a little kid, she set in the idea that a woman can do anything.  She's an amazonian, given, and Amazonians are pretty awesome and a little scary at the same time.
 

       Clark Kent, AKA Superman, is this sort of tall handsome reporter from Krypton.  Ironically enough, his only weakness is Kryptonite.  He's very much in love with Louis Lane, a fellow reporter.  But, he doesn't allow his feelings for Louis to get in the way of him saving the Metropolis area frequently.


       Captain America came about in the 1940's, in the midst of WWII, to bring hope to the American people.  He was a scrawny guy who really wanted to be a soldier, to fight for the cause, but was told many times that he would not be a fit soldier.  Finally, he was allowed to be a soldier, but was also asked to partake in a experiment to make the world's first super soldier.  From there, he is in S.H.I.E.L.D. and is an agent of sorts.


      Thor is probably one of my all time favorite Superheroes.  I mean, he's sort of an alien, but he can control thunder!  How cool is that?!  He also has a love interest, but that is totally beside the point.  He's the son of Odin, brother of Loki, and is just really really awesome.  (It should be noted that I have only seen the movie.)



       I like many other characters, but to keep this short and not 20 minutes long, I'll just say the fourth favorite, and that would be Black Widow.  I don't really know how to describe Black Widow, honestly.  She's very... snarky.  Like Captain America, she is part of S.H.I.E.L.D., but is less willing to follow direction than he is.  What struck me funny was that she can speak Russian in the Avenger's movie.
     

      To add to my love of Superheroes, they have a Lego Marvel Superheroes video game! (Which is super fun by the way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment